What is personal data and what is the processing of personal data?
Personal data is all information that can be directly, or indirectly together with other data, linked to a living natural person. This means that widely differing tasks such as names and contact information, IP addresses, competition entries, choices made and behaviors constitute personal information. Processing of personal data is everything that happens with the personal data. Any action taken with personal data constitutes processing, whether or not it is carried out automatically, such as collection, registration, organization, structuring, storage, processing or modification, production, reading, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or other provision, adjustment or merging, limiting, deleting or destroying.
What personal data is collected and when is it deleted?
When you visit / use our digital channels or their services or communicate with us in our digital channels, we may collect information about you such as name, address, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, identification information, information about your use of our services and products and transaction history and for some services also pictures and location information. Where applicable, personal identity numbers and card details can also be processed. Furthermore, we may collect technical data about the devices you use to access our digital channels, including IP address, unique device ID, browser type and cookie information. The collection of information described above takes place for example when:
– Entering your personal information in various forms on our digital channels or when using our services
– Communicating with us and others via our platforms in social media
– Leaving comments in our contact forms or by phone
– Downloading reports from our websites
– Signing up for events organized by us
If you participate in competitions and other marketing activities that we organize, competition entries and additional personal information that you choose to provide to us may be processed. When you contact us via customer service functions in our digital channels, for example in connection with you making a complaint, your contact information and case information will be processed by us. If you visit or communicate with us via our social media accounts (ie third-party platforms such as Facebook and Twitter), we may receive information regarding your profile and your interactions on the third-party platform. The personal data will be processed by us only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes of the processing or to fulfill our legal obligations.
For what purposes is personal data processed?
Your personal data that is collected in connection with your use of the digital channels and its services will be processed by us, companies in our group or their respective sub-assistants, for the following purposes:
- In order for us to be able to provide the products and services you ordered and administer our agreement with you.
- In order for us to be able to communicate with you in contact via customer service, email forms and in our social media accounts.
- To administer marketing activities such as contests and prizes, and more.
- For marketing purposes, including marketing via mail, email and sms / mms, which you can opt out of via a link in each email.
- To analyze and group of visitors according to selection, prioritization and preferences, which means that a so-called profiling takes place, in order to be able to provide you with relevant and customized information, recommendations, ads and offers.
- It is also possible that data arising from the use of various digital channels from us and from our group companies are combined for this purpose, as well as for the purpose of developing products and services.
- To process your payment or prevent or detect fraud.
- To produce statistics on the use of our digital channels and their services.
- To maintain, develop, test and improve our digital channels and the technical platforms on which they are provided.
Legal basis and legitimate interests for the processing of personal data
We always process your personal data in accordance with applicable law. We process your personal data when it is necessary to fulfill an agreement with you or respond to your request for customer service and when we have another legitimate and legitimate interest in processing your personal data, e.g. an interest in marketing ourselves to visitors on our digital channels or an interest in developing our Digital Channels. If we were to process your personal data for any purpose that according to applicable law requires your consent, we will obtain your consent in advance, by you being allowed to actively click in a box.
Security for the protection of personal data
We safeguards with a high level of security for your personal data and takes appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, alteration, dissemination or destruction.
Restrictions on the disclosure of personal data
We may engage external partners and suppliers to perform tasks, e.g. to provide IT services, payment solutions or assist with marketing, analytics or statistics. The performance of these services may mean that our partners, both within and outside the EU / EEA, gain access to your personal data. Companies that handle personal data on behalf of us sign an agreement with us to ensure a high level of protection for your personal data. In relation to partners outside the EU / EEA, special protection measures are taken, such as agreements that include standardized model clauses for data transmission that have been adopted by the European Commission and are available on the European Commission’s website. We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as the police or another authority, if it concerns the investigation of a crime or if we are otherwise obliged to disclose such information on the basis of law or an official decision. We will not disclose your personal information to any extent other than as described in this section.
The right to information and the right to lodge complaints
You have the right, in accordance with the provisions of applicable personal data legislation, at any time to request access to the personal data processed about you, to have incorrect personal data corrected, that we shall stop processing and delete your personal data, that the processing of your personal data is restricted, to exercise your right to data portability, and to object to the processing of personal data. In that case, please contact us at the address given below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority at any time if you believe that your personal data is being processed in violation of applicable personal data legislation.